General discussion

Word 2000 Labels

By hause ·
I have two label related questions. 1) I have created a custom label in Word 2000, but when I use the New Document button to create a document with the custom label Word creates labels that are not the same as the custom one selected. Is there a way to fix this so the new document feature is useable? 2) In Wordperfect, if you have a document of labels you could insert a new label in the middle of the document. Example: Document with an address label for each of our 100 investors that is in alpha order. New investor needs to be inserted with the K's. Is there a way to do this in Word?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Word 2000 Labels

by kees.valkenswaard In reply to Word 2000 Labels

How do you use labels in Word?
Normally I use an address list, either as a table in Word, as a list in Excel, an Access table or query.
With Mail-merge this would be attached to labels. You can make a custom label and use it every time. Better even might be to safe the master label document and run the merge every time. In the query options for the merge it is possible to set a sort order. So even if new addresses would be added to the bottom the labels can be made in a given sort order.
So in step 1 choose labels, in step 2 link to your data table [it may be necessary to change the file type and have the correct (ODBD)convertors installed], in step 3 set in query the sort order.
Return after the mail-merge to the master document and save this.
NOTE you may have to amend the master document a little bit depending on your printer [margins].

Success.

Collapse -

Word 2000 Labels

by hause In reply to Word 2000 Labels

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Word 2000 Labels

by hause In reply to Word 2000 Labels

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)