General discussion

Word 2000 printing problem

By MdTrackman ·
we have a large shared document(130 pages)editted by two people. The document used to lockup on page five. I requested pages 4,5,6
which repaginated document and it then printed. (That was last Friday)
THOUGHT I WAS DONE
Today 7/3/2000 the temp was trying to print pages 43 - 45 and it printed, but not all of page 44. the first and last paragraph only.
** following page printed
ERROR: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAN LATENC

OPERAND STACK:

question 1. is there a maximum page size word 2k can handle?

question two. the printer (xerox n/32) is
setup to start printing after last page is spooled, and print spooled documents first.
it has 40MB of memory - is this okay?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by steven.green In reply to Word 2000 printing proble ...

Word 2k has no viable size problem, as I have printed documents almost 10 times this size.

The problem could be caused by the power of your machine. If it has 128MB RAM though, then that will not be an issue, and 40MB RAM should be plenty on your printer as long as the document does not have a picture a page.

It is possible that Word is getting confused with its pagination. If that is the case, try printing using Sections, i.e. "S1-" instead of "entire document". This usually by-passespagination and makes document smuch more likely to print correctly.

Hope this gives some pointers.

Collapse -

by MdTrackman In reply to Word 2000 printing proble ...

p.S. WE USE CODEWRITE TO IMPORT SCREEN CAPTURES.

Collapse -

by lathe In reply to Word 2000 printing proble ...

If it is not working even after you tried as Steven said I have doubt about your document.

I hade same type of problem with couple my users I deleted the damaged page and printed the rest.

copy page no. 44 some whare and delete it from the document and try printing the rest, hope it will work.

Collapse -

by MdTrackman In reply to Word 2000 printing proble ...

WHY DID IT MOVE? I.E. FROM 5 TO 44?

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)