General discussion

Word 2000 tables

By dlange ·
I have a large table (404 pages) in Microsoft Word 2000 running on Windows 2000 that opens and proceeds to use 100% of the processor time while open. This same doc runs fine on the combination of Office 2000 & Windows 98 or on Windows 2000 & Office 97. All auto correct & format options have been turned off, as well as auto save. Does anyone have any ideas what would cause the system to go to 100% processor utilization? I have tried it on another PC with Windows 2000 & Office 2000 and get the same result. (both PCs are 1Ghz processors)

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Word 2000 tables

by purple713 In reply to Word 2000 tables

I hope this helps. Word uses a lot of memory for tables. When you start to use complex graphics in Word, It starts slowing up. I have an SOP that has tables and graphics in it and it sucks up my processor big time. Try the table is Excel. It isa better program for tables. If you are using it to document and the document is going to be on the server, then I would suggest is making the table document a separate file, save it to the shared drive and put a link in the document pointing to the table.

Collapse -

Word 2000 tables

by dlange In reply to Word 2000 tables

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Word 2000 tables

by dlange In reply to Word 2000 tables

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)