General discussion

Word 2002 - Selecting Styles

By MedMan ·
I need to modify a number of documents (different ones to my last question!) in which I need to change the font throughout the document. This time, each document contains five or six Styles, one of which is the Normal Style and, in each one of the Styles, a font is specified, not just related back to the Normal Style. (It is Palatino) I wish to change that font to Times New Roman in every Style in use in the documents. Is there a way to automate this?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by MedMan In reply to Word 2002 - Selecting Sty ...

P.S. What is the order in which different types of Style are applied? I know that Direct Formatting over-rides an underlying style, but what if the Font is specified in both the Normal and the Table Style? Which takes preference then? Is there ahierarchy of preference?

Collapse -

by DKlippert In reply to Word 2002 - Selecting Sty ...

If you're just changing Palatino to Times, you can use
Edit>Replace
Format Find as Palatino Replace as Times New Roman
Replace all

Collapse -

I do actually need to change the underlying Styles, not just the appearance. The files in question have all been produced by members of a club based on a template made some years ago. The club has switched from using Palatino in all its docs to Times New Roman as there are less problems in sitching the files between members with Macs and members with PCs. Changing the font by Direct Formatting is not a problem (The macro you wrote for me will do that) I also need to change the underlying Style as members copy and paste tables into the old files from new ones. (Don't ask - but they need to be able to!) When the tables are pasted in, because the underlying style is still Palatino, the tables pick that up and display in Palatino.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)