Question

Word 2007: How to start page numbering on Page 2?

By Nebulousity ·
I've read many solutions for this here and elsewhere online. None of them are working, and it really has me perplexed because I consider myself an advanced user.

My document is a booklet. Page one is the book cover, so it shouldn't be numbered. Each of the 9 chapters is set up as a separate section for other reasons.

I had no trouble with making the second page display "Page 1" and successive pages follow from there. My problem is causing {NUMPAGES} to omit the first page in its count.

All over the web I'm finding the simple solution is to use a formula field as follows:
=1+{NUMPAGES}

I've found all sorts of variants of that and have tried numerous. I have also tried many things on my own. Each time I try something, Word either displays a Syntax Error or else nothing at all where the Number of Pages should appear.

I shared a document on SendSpace that shows screenshots along the way. The document itself is a Word 2007 document. Here's a link:
http://bit.ly/gwbCh2

What am I missing here? This thing has kicked my butt and taken far too much time.

Thanks!

~N

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)