Question

WORD 2007 PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS 7 - SHRUTI FONT LOOKS DIFFERENT - SPACING?

By Ruby007 ·
We have office 2007 which has WORD 2007 on it on both the desktop and laptop downstairs. I installed Office 2007 on the desktop (fresh installation) Monday as I went from XP to WIN 7. I copied over all the data files including WORD files from my memory stick that day onto the desktop.

When I look at Microsoft WORD files, mostly 2009 onwards (earlier ones appear unaffected) this is only about 10% of our WORD DIRECTORY, using the desktop PC which is running WIN 7 some don???t have the right format - the font is correct (SHRUTI) as is the font size (26) but the laptop screen (still running XP) looks bolder and sharper than the desktop screen. This seems to happen when I look at files in MY DOCUMENTS (this is the folder where I uploaded all the WORD files from the memory stick) on the hard drive of the desktop and also even on the Memory stick where they are backed up.

When I look at the same files when I plug the memory stick into the laptop the format looks fine??

When I send the files to another email address the format appears wrong
at the other end i.e. spacing is increased making it run on to three pages when it should be two.

We are sharing mandtplatt@btinternet.com on both machines. It seems to be an email/WIN 7 problem? The format is correct on the laptop although when emailed from the laptop the recipient gets the WORD attachment in the wrong format.

It seems a bug in WIN 7 and WORD with SHRUTI font?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Regards

Martin

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Hardware Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)