Question

Word 2010 "Error! Not a valid link" in conditional text linked to bookmark

By howard1532658727 ·
I'm in MS Word 2010. I have created a document with a bookmarked 'Combo Box Content Control' in the first part of the document (the content is the number of days that a piece of information is overdue - i.e. OverdueStatus is "overdue by 7 days").

Next, within a block of conditional text, I have used "Copy > Paste Special > Paste link > Unformatted Text" to link to a different bookmark (the content of which is a third party's title - e.g. "doctor"). Excerpt of the conditional text block below:

{ IF OverdueStatus = "overdue by 7 days" "We rely on the information provided by your 'doctor' to effectively monitor your health."}

When I change the data in the bookmark that controls the conditional text (i.e. when I choose "overdue by 7 days"), and update (F9), the conditional text is populated just fine, but the link to the bookmark for the third party's title becomes broken. It is replaced with "Error! Not a valid link".

Note that when I open the file I choose "Yes" to update the document with data from linked files.

Anyone know why this is occurring and/or have a solution that can be implemented in MS Word 2010?

Thanks!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Software Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)