General discussion
September 3, 2005 at 08:09 PM
idts

Word2003 problems

by idts . Updated 21 years, 1 month ago

I have a customer that has Word2003 that is having lots of problems. I’ve deleted ALL normal.dot files I could find including ~normal.dot. She’s NOT on a network, there aren’t multiple copies of Word2003 on the machine. The copy of Word2003 is not a M’sft copy. It was given to her from a friend that automatically installs without asking for a product key. My suspicion is that not everything installed with this copy because when Word comes up it says that it’s installing a feature which is unnamed.

When she clicks on some tasks the words are displayed in what appears Chinese characters.

The font names are displayed as one character such as “R” or “T” or “V”. If I go to WordPad the names are fine.

And finally, when she sends emails with Word attachments they shut down that persons computer. But no virus is detected.

I’m going to install an actual copy of Word2003 on her computer to see if that resolves these issues but if anyone has any other suggestions or has run into this please let me know.

Thanks.

Les

This discussion is locked

All Comments