Question

Wrong permissions set in Windows Server 2003 (64 bit)-cannot access server

By lollysmum ·
Hi
We've been trying to switch our server over from managing client computers as a workgroup to a domain. Everything was working well but then we started applying permissions to folders. Now the Administrator can't log on to the admin account and Active Directory is not starting up the services needed for the server to function. We cannot access security permissions, group policies, cannot connect to router (& internet), access internal network or files on server. Have tried to restore backup but access is denied. Likewise cannot copy files to usb drive etc

Does anyone know if its possible to restore permissions to default settings via a command line program or if there are any tools in Windows Server that can help us with this?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Bravo... Try this fix..

by sudhanshukabra In reply to Wrong permissions set in ...

Hi Pal..

Welcome to the world of "Screw yourself "

Trick.... try this If you are able to log in to DSRM then there is a way i can retrieve everything for you..

But first tell me this if you are able to Log in to DSRM fine with no issues & able to edit registry in DSRM if so mail me at sudhanshukabra@gmail.com i will give you the worlds best fix..

As this is very critical fix i can not give this as a open Blog.. there are 2 registry changes & then reboot after this 1 golden command in a special mode ....[Really Special] :)

Collapse -

Problem Fixed

by lollysmum In reply to Bravo... Try this fix..

Managed to get server to load original setupsecurity.inf file which put the settings back to their original state.

Thanks for replying anyway.
Happy Easter

Lollysmum

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)