General discussion

x400 email address - should I remove?

By techrepublic ·
I have an exchange 2003 system and wish to set one of the users up slightly differently to the rest. We have a domain, let's say 'domain.com' and this user has an email address within that.

All emails are directed to POP boxes by our ISP and the server collects these and distributes them accordingly. However, this particular user's pop box is not accessed by the server, which then alows him to access his emails using the ISP's webmail interface.

My question is this: How can I get the global address list in Exchange to send emails out to his external email address by default so that he receives internal as well as external email?

I notice an X400 type service in his exchange profile - should I remove this? If I do, will it then use the default email address for internal emails and therefore send the emails out to his external email address?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by curlergirl In reply to x400 email address - shou ...

If I'm understanding your question, you want all of his email that is sent to his Exchange email address to be delivered also to his external email address at the ISP, correct? I'm assuming that the two email addresses are different...at least I hope so, otherwise you have a big problem. However, if all this is correct, this is what you need to do:

1. First add a Contact in AD Users and Computers (Users container) and specify the external email address as that contact's email address.

2. Then, on the Exchange General tab in the properties of his User ID, click Delivery Options, select the Forward to: option and then select the contact you created. Be sure to click the check box to deliver the email to both the original and the forwarded email address.

That should do it!

Back to Software Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)