General discussion

Xerox M950 will not print

By tremethicks ·
I have a multifunction Xerox M950. It copies fine, it scans ok, it even will do a perfect test print, but it will not print from my Win2K platform PC. It uses a USB interface.
I have tried to use a Parallel interface, I have reinstalled drivers, I have un plugged and plugged in the printer and all i get are
smuggy lines in the upper right or upper center of the page. I cannot print anything from any program on my computer, not Office XP, not ACDSEE, not WordPad, not even Notepad.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by opatzg In reply to Xerox M950 will not print

It sounds like it's getting the wrong print stream being sent to the printer. Stick with the USB connection for printing for starters, not only is it faster but older printers wouldn't use that. #2 make sure its' selected as the default printer. #3look to xerox for newer usb print drivers. Make sure the USB isn't strictly for the scanner and that you may need the parallel port to print. If you need the parallel port to print you may need to redefine your printer output type in BIOS. There are normally 2-4 options there with bpp as the default. Another attempt would be to switch to RAW mode for printing in the printer properties.
Good Luck.

Collapse -

by tremethicks In reply to Xerox M950 will not print

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by vh_s In reply to Xerox M950 will not print

Do you enable user login in this Windows 2000 PC ?

If yes, then users should be upgraded to administrator. I haven't find out yet why it is so, but whenever user assigned privilege as User, it will create an error.

Yet, when I upgraded the users to administrator, it would print ok.

This Xerox doesn't even work well with a print server, it need connection to a pc in order other in network to be able to print.

vh_s

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Hardware Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)