General discussion

XP & SBS 2000

By afeinson ·
Help!! I have just added 6 new Windows XP Pro machines to my network. All are set up with exactly the same configuration. 4 work perfectly, 2 fail to connect to network drives, either mapped or browsing. The users experience a long delay, and are then prompted for their login details in order to connect. Their login details are rejected as the same as the ones they are logged on with. I have found that if they enter their username as "username@domain" and their login password, this is usually accepted, although initially the drive will not be found, the user must close the Explorer window and reopen it to be able to browse. Then everything is fine until the user has to restart the machine.
All the user accounts on the server have the same settings.
Why do these two machines have problems logging on?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

hmm

by hugh In reply to XP & SBS 2000

Try checking the NIC on the two systems. Check your cables and so on. If there isn't any problems perhaps your systems are config wrong or they have some other software problems. You could try Imaging on of the working Pc's on the one of the bad ones using ghost or somthing like that. If you have a Copy of SuperWinPe 2004 + then you can easly do it with out having to install anything. If not then just make a network ghost disk and try it out... I'm pretty stumped why it wouldn't connect otherwise...

Back to IT Employment Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)