Question

XP startup and Encarta 2009 Problem...

By genelleestremos ·
I have installed Microsoft Encarta 2009 Premium in an external harderive. But when I remove that external hardrive, during system startup, there will be a window appear saying "Configuring Encarta" or something the same. This windows keep s on appearing. That's why I cannot use my Computer.

PLEASE!!! Help me....
Thak You

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

You really need to have Encarta on the HDD in the computer

by OH Smeg In reply to XP startup and Encarta 20 ...

Not an External HDD which gets unplugged.

Start the system in Safe Mode by pressing and holding down the F8 Key between the time that the Makers Splash Screen Disappears and the Windows XP Splash Screen with the moving blue bars appears. When you get the White on Black Screen using the arrow Keys navigate to Safe Mode and press Enter. Follow the prompts till the OS is open and uninstall Encarta.

Then reboot the system and insert the Encarta Disc into the Optical Drive and install the Minimum Components on the HDD in the computer. Grab yourself a copy of a Virtual CD Drive if you don't already have one and copy the Encarta CD to the External HDD compressed through the Virtual CD Program.

That way when you want to use Encarta all you need do is insert the USB Plug and load Encarta to the Virtual Drive and run the program.

Col

Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)