General discussion

Year 2028/1928

By angel.guzman ·
One of my users, userA sent an attachment using ccMail 6.3 to another userB. UserB received the attachment but the date on the file changed to mm/dd/28. In this particular incedent userB was able to read attachment and re-save it. In another case when userC sent an attachment (*.doc) to userD, it change it again to mm/dd/28. In this case the original file could not be read by ccMail or Word. Bios/date/time checks fine. UserA & userB are WinNT and userC $ userD are running Win95
Any incites?
Thank you.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Year 2028/1928

by mphoffar In reply to Year 2028/1928

Sounds like one of the machiens needs to have it's regional settings changed to a long date format in the regional settings. There should be an option for a MM/DD/YYYY format i nthere.

There was an update from MS for various issues, so you may have to get that depending on the OS

Good luck to you

Mark

Collapse -

Year 2028/1928

by angel.guzman In reply to Year 2028/1928

I checked all of these, but I am still having the same problem. Thanks for the insight anyhow. angel

Collapse -

Year 2028/1928

by jlessick In reply to Year 2028/1928

First check the date and time on ALL your systems, including the server(s). It sounds like one of the systems has a date set 28 years in the future. Also, as above make sure ALL your users have 4 digit years set in the regional settings. Lastly makesure ALL your users are using 4 digit years in ALL thier documents, because 2 digit years are ambiguous by their nature, and different versions of different software will interpret them differently.

Collapse -

Year 2028/1928

by angel.guzman In reply to Year 2028/1928

I checked all of these, but I am still having the same problem. Thanks for the insight anyhow. angel

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)