General discussion

Zoom percentage default in Word 2000?

By swayman ·
Is it possible to set the zoom default in Word 2000 to a level other than 100%? I have a user whose zoom level is "stuck" at 75% and I don't know how to change it back. This is in Print Layout & Normal views.

Thanks much!
Syd

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Peyison In reply to Zoom percentage default i ...

The zoom feature in Word is pretty annoying in the way it works. The setting is saved with the document when it is saved, and when a document is opened, it modifies the global setting with the setting it was saved at.

So - if you opened a doc that was saved at 75% zoom - then every document you create after that will also be at 75%, until you either change the zoom, or open a document with a different zoom setting. But, as soon as you open one of the docs you've saved at 75%, you're back to 75%.

If your user works with a lot of the same documents, your best bet is after he opens a doc, have him change the zoom to 100 before saving it again, and before he creates any new docs.

You could write a macro to for the zoom to 100, but in this day and age, it's better to keep Word macros disabled if at all possible.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -

by swayman In reply to Zoom percentage default i ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by swayman In reply to Zoom percentage default i ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)