TechRepublic Senior Editor Mark Kaelin is curious to know if anyone is developing applications using Silverlight. He writes: “…Microsoft Silverlight is a cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device plug-in for delivering the next generation of .NET based media experiences and rich interactive applications for the Web. Sounds like Macromedia Flash. When I see things like ‘next generation’ I start to worry. Are we destined to see even more overly complicated Web pages and user interfaces?”
Read the entire post and then take his poll about Silverlight, which asks if you’ve installed Silverlight, if you’ve developed applications for Silverlight, and what you think about Silverlight.
Additional TechRepublic resources about Silverlight
- Video: See Microsoft’s new Silverlight Streaming in action
- Silverlight 2.0 offers paradigm shift from predecessor
- Moonlighting Microsoft’s Silverlight
- Create rich interfaces with Microsoft Silverlight
- Does Microsoft have what it takes to bring you into its mesh?
- Can presentation layer abstraction ever replace desktop and Web apps?