Are you looking for a quick way to deal with
a driver that’s hanging your system? If Windows NT is running but
the user interface isn’t functioning, chances are that NT’s 32-bit
network services are still functioning. If this is the case, you
can edit the registry from another computer.
- Log on to another computer within the domain
as the administrator.
- Open the Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
- Select Connect Network Registry, and specify
the name of the malfunctioning computer in the dialog box.
- Click OK. If the network services are
functional, you should be able to edit the malfunctioning
- Close the Registry Editor, and restart the
Note: Editing the registry
is risky, so be sure you have a verified backup before making any