General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

80GB is detecting in IBM PC300

by bubloo ·

Dear all

We have IBM PC 300 model pc in our office. Recently we bought 80GB hdd. But it’s not detecting in that PC. It’s detecting as 40GB even we are upgraded our BIOS. Kindly suggess any other solution.

Sakthi

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

by kc 1 ·

In reply to 80GB is detecting in IBM PC300

You can also check to see if your cmos battery needs changing. check your cmos setup to make it there.In addition try uninstalling and re installing harddrvive

by kc 1 ·

You can also check to see if your cmos battery needs changing. check your cmos setup to make it there.In addition try uninstalling and re installing harddrvive

by thechas ·

There are numerous sub models of the IBM PC model 300.

So, I cannot access the exact specifications for your model to check things out.

Personally, I would install a PCI IDE controller card.
      For around $30 (US) you not only get large hard drive capability, but you get an upgrade to the full data transfer rate of the new drive (ATA100 or ATA133).

Your next option, is to download and use the Drive overlay program from the drive manufacture.

Chas

by fred07 ·

Hi, and does the upgraded bios support 80gig
      I know it is simple yet many bios upgrades do not support over 60gig let alone 80gig.
      ?? does the bios “see” 80gig. If not then my guess is it does not support the larger HD’s.
      If a Maxtor or Western Digital the go to their web sites and download their respective “set up” hard drive disks with EZBIOS which will place their bios on the HD and then the pc will “see” 80gigs.
      Hope this helps.

by paul ·

Have you checked the Jumper settings on the new Hard Drive…Some drives these days can be capped at a certain size by the jumper settings on the drive.

Viewing 4 reply threads