Question

About the Outlook 2003 Archive problem

By yi0605 ·
I have two mail folders: one is Mailbox from the exchange server, one is personal folders from the local server.
How can I exchange what inside between those folders?

I tried archive both folders, when I import them using different pst file, someting wield happened that I can get all the data import.

What is the reason cause that?
How to do it right?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Drag and drop

by CharlieSpencer In reply to About the Outlook 2003 Ar ...

If you have both folders open in Outlook, you should be able to drag and drop the contents between them.

Collapse -

i need all the folders including calendar and contacts

by yi0605 In reply to Drag and drop

those folders I can not do drag and drop.

Collapse -

Switch Views

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to i need all the folders in ...

Switch to folder view (lower left in navigation bar). Then you can drag and drop all items inside of a folder. Just can't drag n drop the folder itself. You must select items. Be warned though. Drag and drop is a "move" operation which you MAY want to do anyway just to clean off the exchange server. You may want to do a select all then copy and paste to duplicate the items.

Change views of the contact folder to something like "names list" or "phone list" so you can easily select them all (ctrl+A) before copy n paste.

By the way, archiving only works on the local PST file. Files on the exchange server (Mailbox - yourname) are (or should be) backed up by the server. And, archiving actually moves the files out of the PST file into the archive file. What you MAY want to be doing is a PST backup instead of archiving. There's an add-on you can download from MS Office Update which will schedule an automatic backup for you.

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)