General discussion

Acad2000 Express tools error

By Alias Smith & Jones ·
We have a network installation of ACad2000. We recently updated the express tools for this version. Now some of the users are getting the error: AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.; error: no function definition: ACET-CMD-CHECK, upon executing Acad. Acadworks fine after this error except for the express tools. When you try to use the express tools we get the error: Command: layfrz
AutoCAD Express Tools Copyright ? 2000 Autodesk, Inc.
; error: no function definition: ACET-AUTOLOAD. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by James_Randy In reply to Acad2000 Express tools er ...

It sounds as though the Express Tools menu is not loading. If it were, you would be getting the message "express tools loaded" after you see the message "AutoCAD menu utilities loaded". Express Tools is installed with a full or custom installation. With other types of installations, you?ll have to enter ?EXPRESSTOOLS? at the command prompt. That will either place the express directory on the search path - OR - instruct you to return to the AutoCAD installation program and use the ?add? option to install express tools. Once you execute the ?EXPRESSTOOLS? command, the express tools will load whenever you launch AutoCAD, and place the express menu on the menu bar. It should have been configured properly - hard to say why it didn't, since I don?t know how you installed the software. With my networked versions, I load the software on the local machine, which verifies with the license manager on the server for available licenses. Perhaps you execute ACAD over the network instead of locally,which could account for the error. Nonetheless, if you enter "EXPRESSTOOLS" at the AutoCAD command prompt, that should load and configure the express tools menu and keep it configured for that particular installation -
OR instruct you to the installation program to use the ?add? option to install express tools. Good luck.

Collapse -

by Alias Smith & Jones In reply to Acad2000 Express tools er ...

Thanks for your answer. The problem was that we had to insatll Express Tools on the network version when there weren't any users logged on. Then all we had to do was run the program on the sever to update the files. This in turn updated the network version.

Again thanks for your help. Sorry this reply was late. I thought that I would be notified when a suggestion was posted.

Collapse -

by Alias Smith & Jones In reply to Acad2000 Express tools er ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)