General discussion

Access 2000

By shalinik_in ·
I have a problem in opening Access2000 database from server(NT).when I am keeping the database on server then it can not be open in sharing mode.When I am keeping it on node then Its opening from all the nodes.But the moment I open fron Server it gives the error on node also.The Error is"Locked or cannot be open by admin".

Please help to sort it out.

regards
shalini

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Access 2000

by Todd Kimbrell In reply to Access 2000

Hello Shalini!

Just finished an Access Database last week and low and behold I had the same experience. Here are a couple of things to consider.

1. Make sure that the folder that contains your database has the appropriate rights to the users.
IE: Select ALLOW on the read write for each user in the group that will use the database.

2. Add each user to that will use the network to the POWER USER group on the local machine.

3. Or share only the tables in the database, you can put only the the tables on the server and the database objects on each workstation. This is what works for me. If this does not work please do not reject my answer :) feel free to provide a response so i can look at other things to help you out!!

Best Regards!!

Todd Kimbrell

Collapse -

Access 2000

by shalinik_in In reply to Access 2000

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Access 2000

by shalinik_in In reply to Access 2000

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)