Question

ActiveSync error 0x80072F0D

By jamie ·
Created a new certificate with on a "DC" with the same name as the old cert (servername.domainname.com). When we try to sync our Sprint 6700s, we get an error message 0x80072F0D. We have looked up every single document online possible and none of them are fixing our problem.
The Cert is installing on the phone correctly and shows in the Root on the device. We are using our own Cert not a Verisign. We are running Exchange 2003 and ISA 2000 (two separate servers).
We are at our wits end with this issue. If anyone can help us, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

similar problem

by gwlent In reply to ActiveSync error 0x80072F ...

Same issue with Cingular HP iPAQ 6925 and just a single Exch2k3SP2 server. I've spent three days on the issue with the same luck you have had, but I sure have learned a lot of stuff, just not the solution. Still won't work even though using the Pocket PC's IE I can connect to OWA.

Collapse -

Re: Similar Problem

by play5tation In reply to similar problem

If you are using a third-party SSL certificate (Verisign, Comodo, etc), download the certificate from the vendor's web-site. They are classified as Root certificates & install it on your Mobile Device. That should fix it.

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)