Question

any one have experience with MS Great Plains v 7.50g

By luv2bike2 ·
I understand that my office is on a version of GP that MS will not support, however we are not going to upgrade to the versions that MS is supporting.

My issue is as follows:
I have not had the opportunity to create a new user until now.
I created a new user in GP. Set up the right/permissions, Go to GP login screen and try to log in as the user and I get the following message:

"there isn?t a valid login record on the server for the user id and password entered?

Besides the sa account, there are two other users in GP that work fine. So I believe that the ODBC setting is working fine and I don't need to create a new ODBC.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can correct this?

Thanks,

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Great Plains = Dynamics

by CG IT In reply to any one have experience w ...

here's a technet article that deals with NAV

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd338947.aspx

Great Plains is a CRM application. While it intergrates with Active Directory, there are some configuration settings inside the application. If you open the management console, you'll see the group memberships that are allowed access.

Collapse -

Great Plains.

by luv2bike2 In reply to Great Plains = Dynamics

CG IT Thank you for your response.
I was able to get an answer from our software vendor which why M$ could not tell is beyond me.
the solution was for me to log into GP on the server that it was installed on and create the user from there. once i did that and than went to our TS, log in to GP with that new users login I was able to get into GP.
Again Thanks for your response. :)

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)