General discussion

Certance CP3100 D2D2T backup problem

By dvaresco ·
Has anyone setup/used the older Certance CP3100 D2D2T and DAT72 rackmount backup solution on a Netware 6.5 server using Veritas/Symantec BackupExec 9.x backup software? We are having a problem in that we downbloaded the latest verion of BackupExec 9.2 Bld 1391.14 dated 10-10-2005, and the Netware 6.5 SP4 (haven't tried SP5 yet), and every time we submit a backup job, we get the Alert asking us to load the media in the device. Well, the device of course is the hard drive based CP3100 and the media should be the emulated DAT72 cartridge. We're all out of ideas. We're using a Dell PowerEdge 700 server with 1 Gig RAM and an Adaptec 29320 card certified with Netware and BackupExec.

Thanks in advance,
Dino

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to Certance CP3100 D2D2T bac ...

the only thing I know is that if you didn't configure BackupExec to overwrite previous tapes, you'll get that error message because it wants a new never used tape.

Collapse -

by dvaresco In reply to Certance CP3100 D2D2T bac ...

After we checked for writing over tapes as suggested, it turned out to be a LUN support problem in Netware - we didn't have it activated. Very stupid on our part.

Collapse -

by pierrejamme In reply to Certance CP3100 D2D2T bac ...

1st I would call Symantec/Veritas if you have a support contract.
If not,
As far as I can see your hardware is acceptble to BE. Quite a while ago I had a problem (BE9.0 days) and Veritas recommended renaming the MM directory as they thought it had become corrupt.
see the readme at: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/251886.htm
You can also try posting at their forum, Barry Schur has been very helpful when I haven't felt like calling Veritas. the forum is at:
http://news.support.veritas.com/dnewsweb.exe?cmd=xover&group=veritas.backupexec.netware.english&utag=

good Luck,
Peter

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)