General discussion

Changing Lotus123 to Ms-Excel

By cujo1972 ·
I am looking for information about changing from Lotus123(dos based) to Ms-excel.What change requests are needed and how do i go about uninstalling and reinstalling?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Sheryl V In reply to Changing Lotus123 to Ms-E ...

What Operating System? What version of MS Excel, although it shouldn't make too much difference. Does your DOS based lotus have WYSIWYG? Odds are that whatever version you get of MSExcel will be able to open your old spread sheets. As a safety measure I'd copy all the spreadsheets & their corresponding formatting files that are on the hard drive to a separate directory, do a find for *.wk* and also for the formatting files (I don't remember the extensions).
Once files are backed up, you should be able to delete the Lotus folder (I'm assuming there are no uninstall options) and simply install the version of Excel you want to use. You may want to try a "CleanSweep" or similar utility to clean up any old Lotus DLL's there are several shareware "cleanup utilities" out there (www.tucows.com)
Are you planning a network install or local PC? I'd recommend local for the executables, depending on the "size" and existing demands on your lan/wan.

Good luck, although the transistion should be relatively painless tho. :)

Collapse -

by cujo1972 In reply to Changing Lotus123 to Ms-E ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by cujo1972 In reply to Changing Lotus123 to Ms-E ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)