Question

Cisco 1841 Configured for Metro-E Service

By dennygarcia ·
Hello, hope someone can help. I just configured a Cisco 1841 based on sample configuration provided by AT&T for DIA service. Port 0/0.1 has been configured with 802.1Q tagging using public IP address assigned by AT&T as the WAN address and Port 0/1 has been configured with IP address provided by AT&T as the Gateway to Network. Connection works fine if I configure a host with one of the public IP addresses in the range provided by AT&T and use the router's IP address as the gateway (port 0/1) - My question is do I need a seperate router to handle NAT and port forwarding since neither port is configured for the local subnet, or is there a way to add the local subnet to router and configure NAT and Port forwarding. AT&T is basically staying off the local network configuration, as we did not purchase the router directly from them (even though this would have been the router they would have provided) - If someone can provide a sample configuration under my scenario, even though I'm not a Cisco expert I might be able to figure it out. Thanks!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)