General discussion

cisco router 1721

By topcat25 ·
i have installed a point to point t1 line between two of our offices i have two cisco 1721 routers i configured these routers with cisco config maker i am using 192.168.1.1 tru 212 subnet 255.255.255.0 on our network

now the first router the fast eithernet interface is set for 192.168.1.98 255.255.255.0
the serial 0 interface is set at 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.252 on the sec router the serial 0 interface is set for 10.0.0.2 with the fasteithernet set for 192.168.1.99
have set routes up to forward the packets to the serial 0 interface from a computer on the network on the network i can ping 192.168.1.98 the fasteithernet connection i can also ping the 10.0.0.1 serial 0 connection this is where it stops wont go no where else does the same thing for the other side as well
i log into the router and can ping the other router across the t1 but will not pass traffic
any ideas as to what i have missed also had the phone company check the t1 line it checks ok thanks in advance

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to cisco router 1721
Collapse -

by tommymcbrayer In reply to cisco router 1721

You don't need to do a bridge. Do a show int and verify that you have line up and protocol up. If not then your controllers are not setup correctly. If both are up then make sure you do not have a statement that says no ip route. If all of this is true then one of your ip routes staatements is incorrect.
Cheers,
TL McBrayer CCNP, CNE, CXE

Collapse -

by tommymcbrayer In reply to cisco router 1721

You don't need to do a bridge. Do a show int and verify that you have line up and protocol up. If not then your controllers are not setup correctly. If both are up then make sure you do not have a statement that says no ip route. If all of this is true then one of your ip routes staatements is incorrect.
Cheers,
TL McBrayer CCNP, CNE, CXE

Collapse -

by daredfox In reply to cisco router 1721

impelemented protocols? RIP etc?

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)