General discussion

Compaq proliant ml370 server

By ahmadshehuahmad ·
I am working on setting a compaq proliant ml370server here at working place, when I power on the system is showing a red signal in the front and its not displaying any thing on the screed. I need some assistance on that, also any advice on how to make the server work.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

proliant bootup woes

by tigerbright888 In reply to Compaq proliant ml370 ser ...

i am having similar difficulties, having just taken delivery of a generation 1 ML370
pwr to mainboard - but nothing else is working and no POST. no CRT display.
I thought maybe someone had installed an out of spec cpu in just for the sale - thought they were only up to 933MHz, this one is 1000MHz.
Just taken delivery of a 128MB video card so I am really frustrated.
Any help appreciated - this is a desktop conversion project.

Collapse -

no CRT display

by mikemisunderstood In reply to proliant bootup woes

i've got the same problem when i find the cure to this problem i'll post an answer. Keep on seaching folks, there has to be an answer somewhere...... Good luck

Collapse -

proliant bootup problem

by tigerbright888 In reply to no CRT display

Greetings mike (?)
i have a possible lead - my info is that if the second cpu slot is not populated then a special terminator card is required.
mine has only the one CPU
without a terminator card in the second slot.
so I have ordered one to try.
I am sure the Seller swapped the matching dual CPU 933Mhz P3 for a single 1000MHz P3 - my info is that at 1000MHz the system may only recognise a 370 socket type (in slot 1 form factor - I am not conversant with the designations)
I have also ordered a proliant spec 933MHz CPU.

I shall make comment in about 10 days time.

regards from Greg
AUSTRALIA

PS - while i was recently working on a PII desktop, it showed these symptoms when an unsupported PIII cpu was installed.

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)