General discussion

Connect Remote PC to Win 2003 SBS DC

By SystemsAdmin ·
How do I go about connecting a remote PC running windows XP SP2 via a VPN tunnel to our Domain (Windows 2003 SBS)

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

10 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by jdgretz In reply to Connect Remote PC to Win ...

Are you wanting to have this person come in via Terminal Services or what?

A little more information is needed for this one.

What do you want the remote PC to be able to do?

jdg

Collapse -

by jdgretz In reply to

You need to run the Remote Access Wizard on the To Do List. That should walk you through the process of configuring your server to accept VPN connections. You are probably going to want to install and use IAS to lock down the VPN connection a bit.

Check out "Windows Small Business Server 2003 Administrator's Companion" from Microsoft Press. Great book for keeping ahead of SBS 2003.

You may need to configure their profile for remote access as well as establish a remote access group.

jdg

Collapse -

by SystemsAdmin In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by SystemsAdmin In reply to Connect Remote PC to Win ...

I want the remote PC to act as if it is connected directly to the server. for example my network places to list all computers on the network including remote PC's. I want the PC to be able to access SQL & Exchange.

Collapse -

by Bobsta In reply to Connect Remote PC to Win ...

Install RRAS on SBS 2003 DC.
Run Network Connection wizard on WINXP PC and follow the VPN setup. You'll probably need the external IP address for your Server.

Collapse -

Collapse -

The VPN tunnel is setup between 2 linksys AG241 routers. So I need to know how to connect remote PC to the domain, at the moment I get the domain is unreachable or something, yet I can ping remote pc and ping server from remote office.

Collapse -

by jdgretz In reply to Connect Remote PC to Win ...

Silly quetion, but have you created an account on the domain server for the remote PC?

Collapse -

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
10 total posts (Page 1 of 1)