Question

Connecting Sonicwall TZ 200 Wireless access point to LAN

By chrislord2010 ·
I have set up a Sonicwall TZ200. I'm new at this so i'm not to familiar with such device. The Sonicwall is also a wireless access point. What I need to do is have it set so that anybody on the wireless can access the computers on the Local Ethernet Network or LAN. I would've thought that there would be a setting somewhere in the Sonicwall that would allow such thing. But I haven't seen such setting. I need this solved ASAP. Can anyone help?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

RE: I would've thought that there would be a setting somewhere

by OH Smeg In reply to Connecting Sonicwall TZ 2 ...

Yep there is you need to Bridge the WiFi and Wired LAN's together to allow WiFi connected systems to access data on the wired systems.

Just remember to apply some solid Security as the WiFi Signal can carry up to 500 Meters and if it's set to allow anyone to connect that may be a lot of people who are not authorized connecting doing the wrong thing.

Col

Collapse -

Bridging the two...

by chrislord2010 In reply to RE: I would've thought th ...

The device I'm using is a SonicWall TZ 200. How would I bridge them? I've looked everywhere and I can't seem to figure it out.

Collapse -

Open the User Manual to

by OH Smeg In reply to Bridging the two...

Section 4 A Introduction to Zones & Interfaces Page 22 and work from there.

Also you should manually enter the Setup of this device not rely on the Software to install it if there is any. Software doesn't cover the full function of this device just what the makers think you need the most.

If you do not have the Manual it's available here

http://www.sonicwall.com/downloads/SonicWALL_TZ_100_200_Series_Getting_Started_Guide.pdf

or if that link doesn't open here

http://www.sonicwall.com/us/support/230_13621.html

and then click on the Download Now link.

Col

Collapse -

Thank you...

by chrislord2010 In reply to Open the User Manual to

Your a smart fellow. I've been looking for such guide. You've been a great help.

Collapse -

Your Welcome

by OH Smeg In reply to Thank you...

But that should have been on the Install Disc. as a PDF File.

Collapse -

It also should have been the first thing the guy went to

by CG IT In reply to Your Welcome

Geek Squad was created because the owner realized, no one reads the manual. If he read it, people would pay him to install and fix their stuff.

Read the manual first. people will be amaized by what they learn, by reading.

Collapse -

NA

by OH Smeg In reply to It also should have been ...

I'm waiting for it to come out on Video.

I've lost count of the number of times I've heard that as an excuse not to RTFM.

Col

Collapse -

We could make a video RTFM get it viral

by CG IT In reply to It also should have been ...
Collapse -

CG

by santeewelding In reply to It also should have been ...

You **** into the wind.

Collapse -

Ok Smartass.

by chrislord2010 In reply to It also should have been ...

The Hardware that I had to work with(the sonicwall) didn't come with the manual. I work for an IT company, and on this particular job had to fix someones mess. I'm also not to familiar with the firewall and couldn't find the manual online(really didn't know where to look). Trust me the first place I do look is the manual...when I have one. So before you tell me what I should do first, maybe you should consider the circumstances first.

Back to Desktop Forum
11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next