General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Creative CDRW 8432 Help!!

by decio_novaes ·

Both Windows 98 and Windows 2000 recognised Creative CDRW 8432E, but NOT as a CD recorder but as a common CD ROM. I installed the drivers, but the problem remains. When I open Nero, it says that there’s no cd recorder availiable on the system. I tried to upgrade the firmware from 1.05 to 1.07, but the setup program didn’t find the Drive. However, I can read any CD from it!! The BIOS finds the drive, Win98 describes it correctly in Device Manager as Creative CDRW 8432E (same to Win2k), but it only works as a CDROM…. The drive is configured as Secondary Master. Any Ideas????
    Thanks!!!
    Decio Novaes.

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

by dcosgrove ·

In reply to Creative CDRW 8432 Help!!

The only thing I can think of is that it’s an incompatible drive for nero. I had a similar problem with adaptec not recognizind an hp 9100. I installed the newest adaptec and it was fine. Try putting in a blank cdr and formatting it as you would a floppy.

by ferbrice ·

Probably the BIOS is older and not. Probe a big disk (>8Gby) if the bios is older will not recognize all the disk.
      Bye

by sham7usa ·

Try putting the cdrw as master on the secondary and put the cdrom slave off the hard drive.Also remove your dos drivers.START/RUN/SYSEDIT/OK AND PUT A REM IN FRONT OF THE LINES THAT HAS TO WITH CDROM’S.IN THE CONFIG BOX AND AUTOEXE BOX ONLY.(EXAMPLE:REM C:MSCD)

by decio_novaes ·

Thanks for all the answers, folks. I took the unit back to the shop, where they confirmed that the unit is deffective. They’re changing the unit for a new one.

by decio_novaes ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 3 reply threads