Question

Deleting a new Admin default profile in win2000 pro

By martyn ·
Hi, I recently had to install a new processor in my computer running os win2000 pro, the old one died.

When I now log on a new profile is being created, my orginal profile was administrator.office1, the new admin profile being created is administrator.office1.001
It will not let me log on to old profile.

I can see my old original profile - folders in Docs - Settings and of course the new one.

I have created a new Admin2 profile and deleted
the administrator.office1.001 folders but it keeps coming back

I can't log in to any of my programs without them trying to set up the software again, passwords etc, as all my details are in my original administrator.office1 profile.

How can i stop this new admin profile and just get windows to log on to my old original profile?.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Martyn

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Re: Deleting a new Admin default profile in win2000 pro

by wgrimm In reply to Deleting a new Admin defa ...

You can simply login into your Admin2 account and copy over the administrator.office1 profile to the administrator.office1.001 and go from there, or you can copy out the entire profile from administrator.office1 to a safe location, delete both the administrator.office1 and administrator.office.001 profiles. now login to the box as administrator again and it'll create a new administrator profile, then log out and back in as Admin2 and copy the saved profile over top the new blank administrator profile.

HTH,

Wade

Collapse -

Thanks a lot - I will try it out

by martyn In reply to Re: Deleting a new Admin ...

Thanks for your help, I will try it out

Back to Desktop Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)