General discussion

Dell error: 0282

By gj ·
I have an incorrect Drive A type,I am told to Run SETUP.How do I do that?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Lizzy In reply to Dell error: 0282

It's asking you to check the settings for drive A in the system BIOS. To get there, I think on a Dell you press either the F@ key or the Delete key when the PC first starts through the POST. The screen should tell you what key to press to get there. Look in the top right corner of the screen or the at the very bottom. You may have to boot a few times before you catch it especially if you have a very fast system. Once you get into the BIOS, look for your A disk drive settings. Don't makeany changes here unless you're sure they are correct!!! If the settings are correct, as my PC\Network instructor always said, "Connections, connections, connections!" You may have to check the cable to the drive internally. If this is a new system, call Dell tech support and they are very good about walking you through trouble shooting methods. Also, check their FAQ pages on their support site as this may have happened to others as well. Best wishes.

Collapse -

by Lizzy In reply to Dell error: 0282

That should read F2 key...

Collapse -

by gj In reply to Dell error: 0282

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by michaeltubs In reply to Dell error: 0282

Dell computers gx1, gx110, gx150 use the F2 key to enter the system Bios. Within bios there are three options for a drive choose the standard 1.44 and it should be ok.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Desktop Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)