Question

DNS issue on Windows Small Business Server 2003

By desdougan ·
One of my clients recently moved their hosted Web site to a new provider. The name server entries were changed successfully at the registrar and the new location resolves successfully from everywhere except the client's site, where it resolves to the previous provider.

I've checked everything I can in the DNS application, but can't find where the error is taking place.

If I run nslookup hostname, it returns the incorrect IP address; if I run using the ISP's DNS server (which is configured in the DNS app) as a parameter, it returns the correct IP, as it also does if I use the nameserver of the hosting company.

It therefore looks like a configuration issue on the server (which runs AD); however, I can't see where the error might be defined. I'd appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,

Des

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

if the web site is hosted by 3rd party not the SBS problem

by CG IT In reply to DNS issue on Windows Smal ...

bottom line ....

Collapse -

Still in the cache somewhere?

by seanferd In reply to DNS issue on Windows Smal ...

Either on the DNS server or the client machines? (You'd think the entry would have timed out by now, if nothing else.) Wasn't entered in a HOSTS file somewhere, was it?

Should this request be forwarded to the ISP's resolvers? If so, perhaps there is a redirect (but I'd have no clue as to where to look for this).

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)