Question

Does anyone have experience with windows 2003 sbs Licensing troubleshooting

By Diesel2010 ·
I have a new server running Windows 2003 Small Business Server. I purchased the server from Dell and installed the Operating system after receiving the server. There were many problems with getting the Server to see the operating system and after slip streaming the operating system with service pack 2 so that the server would recognize the disk we are having problems adding additional licenses to the server. When i go to licensing in the control panel or in the adminsirative tools it ask me to use the Wizard but it will not find the application or the wizard. Does anyone have any experience with this type of licensing issue or can you point me to someone who can?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

geez... click start, in the start menu choose system management

by CG IT In reply to Does anyone have experien ...
Collapse -

there is no wizard and no system management.

by Diesel2010 In reply to geez... click start, in t ...

there is no wizard and no system management.

Collapse -

yes there is and if there isn't on yours then your screwed

by CG IT In reply to there is no wizard and no ...

because that's the only way to install CALs on a SBS server. There is no other way manual or otherwise.
Now if you didn't run the SBS setup wizard, then your haven't fully installed SBS. You have to run the SBS setup wizard after you install the operating system.

If you have done both, then your install is bad and you have to reinstall.

Collapse -

What did you use to Slipstream the SP2 to the Install Disc?

by OH Smeg In reply to Does anyone have experien ...

That would be my starting point but I would have slipstreamed all of the Hardware Specific Drivers to that Disc as well.

Col

Collapse -

nlite

by Diesel2010 In reply to What did you use to Slips ...
Collapse -

Well in that case see here

by OH Smeg In reply to nlite

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-7343-0.html?forumID=101&threadID=328294&messageID=3268785&tag=content;leftCol

nLite works with SBS as I've used it previously but I have found Dell units to be problematic at the best of times.

Col

Back to Networks Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)