General discussion

download all 1683 documents

By gilljoseph1949 ·
Hello People,

A CHALLANGE??????????

I would like to download ALL 1683 documents (books) at the site below, FOR MY OWN PERSONAL USE, ONLY. I have contacted the best website capture programs and talked to there techs with no possitive answers. The only programs I know to do this is Print Screen or Capture Eye, and that is one page at a time and in a wierd file form, which is entirely impracticle.

http://shop.ebrary.com/Top?layout=search&p00=Kessinger&f00=publisher&p01=&f01=publisher&c=all&d=all&l=all&sch=%A0%A0%A0%A0%A0Search%A0%A0%A0%A0%A0&frm=adv.x

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BeerMonster In reply to download all 1683 documen ...

Hi,
I notice that the site in question requires that a fee be paid for every document that is copied, so what you seem in fact to be asking is how you can copy all of the docs without paying for them? What the charges are is unclear, but I suspect copying 1683 documents would amount to a lot of money. from the ebrary site -

"Browsing titles is free. However, if you wish to copy text or print pages, you must pay a small fee (set by the publisher) for the service"

Others may disagree,but I don't think a technical forum is a place for questions like these...

Collapse -

by timwalsh In reply to download all 1683 documen ...

I have to agree with BeerMonster.

BTW, this is straight from the Terms of Service for the above website:

"You agree you may not utilize print screen or screen capture techniques. You agree you may not print to a software program or print to a file."

Sort of puts your question in perspective. You are essentially asking us to help you break copywrite laws.

Collapse -

by gilljoseph1949 In reply to download all 1683 documen ...

ALL these documents are way past copyright dates. They are scanned images of books done by hard working authors and this person assumes the copyright for no more work than scanning images. I have published 3 books on science myself, one has been in print since 1979 and I know how much work really goes into a book. I supplied over 30 of the books on this site for scanning from my rare book library and wish to have the etexts Only for my personal use.

I believe the best thing about the INTERNET is fee access to all information and I believe that these authors, most of which are dead, would want there works available.......

I can understand your first reservations.....
Joseph
gilljoseph1949@hotmail.com
==================================================

Collapse -

by gilljoseph1949 In reply to download all 1683 documen ...

Hello People,

A CHALLANGE??????????

I would like to download ALL 1683 documents (books) at the site below, FOR MY OWN PERSONAL USE, ONLY. I have contacted the best website capture programs and talked to there techs with no possitive answers.The only programs I know to do this is Print Screen or Capture Eye, and that is one page at a time and in a wierd file form, which is entirely impracticle.

http://shop.ebrary.com/Top?layout=search&p00=Kessinger&f 00=publisher&p01=&f01=publisher&c=all&d=all&l=all&sch=%A0%A0 %A0%A0%A0Search%A0%A0%A0%A0%A0&frm=adv.x

Comment from gilljoseph1949@hotmail.com on 4/3/03:
ALL these documents are way past copyright dates. They are scanned images of books done by hard working authors and this person assumes the copyright for no more work than scanning images. I have published 3 books on science myself, one has been in print since 1979 and I know how much work really goes into a book. I supplied over 30 of the books on this site for scanningfrom my rare book library and wish to have the etexts Only for my personal use.

I believe the best thing about the INTERNET is fee access to all information and I believe that these authors, most of which are dead, would want there works available.......

I can understand your first reservations.....
Joseph
gilljoseph1949@hotmail.com

Back to Desktop Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)