Question

Dual Booting Win Server 2003

By mubirudav ·
I recently installed Ms Win sever 2003 as the second OS on a PC (call it A) but on a separate disk and everything ran properly. However, i now want to remove this disk and run it in another computer (call it B) which is currnetly running windows XP pro so that it also runs as a dual boot systems but without having to reinstall windows Server 2003. I know it wont be a plug and play thing. What do i have to do other than reinstalling?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

booting 2 hdd

by orabus666 In reply to Dual Booting Win Server 2 ...

Dunno to be absolutely honest will keep an eye on this one. But in saying that one way is to use a boot cd or floppy(plenty available free ie; UBCD) which will allow you to choose which hdd you wish to boot. If any one knows another way without farting about in the bios or using a third disk would love to know myself!

Collapse -

You can do it with Diskpart

by Jacky Howe In reply to booting 2 hdd

A Description of the Diskpart Command-Line Utility

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300415

Collapse -

Boot.ini

by Churdoo In reply to Dual Booting Win Server 2 ...

If Computer B is hardware compatible with Computer A (mainly concerned about the disk controller), You will have to edit the boot.ini file on Computer B accordingly.

If the disk that you're moving was the second disk on Computer A, and will be the second disk on Computer B, then find the boot.ini on Computer A and use it as a guide for how to edit the boot.ini on Computer B.

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)