Question

Emails delivered to BlackBerry but not to Outlook 2003 on exch 2007 server

By vespinoza ·
Just moved all my users to Exchange 2007 and I have one user with a 7250 Blackberry with Sprint service who experiences a problem. He receives emails on his Blackberry, but they never make it to his Outlook 2003 client on his desktop. I'm running Exchange 2007 on the backend, patched and up to date. He recently received two emails on his Blackberry from a @gmail.com address. One showed up in his Outlook, and the other, sent one minute later, did not, but they both appeared on his Blackberry. I've searched and searched, but can't find an answer? Anyone have any help to offer?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

This maybe a blackberry issue

by ken In reply to Emails delivered to Black ...

My wife's employer tried out Blackberry and exchange for about 8 months. They had many "buggy" issues. They tried many thing and were finally told by the phone provider that they had to get a Blackberry Server. They switched to iphones instead and all works great. There are 5 staff in the IT department so this wasn't just one techy who couldn't get it to work.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/server/5/

Collapse -

Spam filter?

by jswentworth In reply to Emails delivered to Black ...

Does he have a spam filter of some kind activated on his Outlook? It may be dumping some of his emails into a spam folder.
Alternately, how is the blackberry getting email? Via POP? IMAP? From a BES?

Collapse -

Spam filter

by vespinoza In reply to Spam filter?

I actually found a setting in his junk mail filter that had a box checked to permanently delete anything it deemed as junk, and I think that was the problem. I'll post if that didn't fix it. The Blackberry is getting email via our BES version 4.1.4.15. Thanks for your help!

Collapse -

RE: Email delivery

by Nimmo In reply to Emails delivered to Black ...

Not sure about your setup but hopefully this will help.

With our Blackberry users we create a contact in AD with their Blackberry email address, and then configure their AD user account to forward to the contact but to also keep a copy in the mailbox.

Check to make sure that in the delivery options properties you have selected the check box to deliver message to both forwarding address and mailbox.

(Recipient configuration>mailbox>(properties on the specified user account)>mail flow settings>delivery options>properties)

We will also hide the contacts from the address list, since there is no reason to email directly to the Blackberry address from internally.

A couple of other things you may want to use is the Mail Flow Troubleshooter and the Message Tracking utilities under the toolbox in Exchange.

Collapse -

Leave a copy of messages on server

by Mehul Bhai In reply to Emails delivered to Black ...

Check if the setting of "Leave a copy of messages on server" is set on the settings in Blackberry.

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums