General discussion

Event error 3034 on 2000 Server

By matthewr ·
I have an event error in my 2000 server log that I can't seem to locate on microsoft or technet it is error 3034 and it occurs every hour and reads "the redirector was unable to initialize security or query context attributes" ?? I can't find info so any ideas would be great :)

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by -Q-240248 In reply to Event error 3034 on 2000 ...

Yep, that's a tough one. I would need more info myself. Such as, is this a W2K server, in Native mode, belonging to a domain? Do you have a forrest model? Is it the first w2k server you built in this business? Using AD? Got DNS on a W2K server running? Master catalog running on it? Master Schema too?

To me the error is saying: "Hey, I (redirector) can't tell what the security context is, because I am not authenticating correctly." I wish error messages weren't so cryptic!

Could be that there is a communication problem or authentication problem, or some problem with your w2k configuration...

Collapse -

by matthewr In reply to Event error 3034 on 2000 ...

Windows 2000 servers when they reach under 500 MB of hard drive space start to exhibit strange behaviors one of them is the DHCP server database seems to be corrupted but it only the lack of space for the server to properly maintain the database that is the problem

Collapse -

by matthewr In reply to Event error 3034 on 2000 ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)