Question

Exchange 2003

By gunasekaran_k007 ·
What is the basic requirements to install Exchange server 2003, whether it needs seperate Server (PC) or else its possible to installed in the file server/domain server.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Here ya go

by ccthompson In reply to Exchange 2003

I have my Exchange Server 2003 server setup as both a file server and exchange server. Its your option.

The following are the minimum and recommended hardware requirements for Exchange Server 2003 servers:

Intel Pentium or compatible 133 megahertz MHz) or faster processor

256 megabytes (MB) of RAM recommended minimum, 128 MB supported minimum

500 MB of available disk space on the drive on which you install Exchange

200 MB of available disk space on the system drive

CD-ROM drive

SVGA or higher-resolution monitor

Collapse -

Well..

by Kjell_Andorsen In reply to Here ya go

Those are the minnimum requirements Microsoft list, but in reality you're going to want much better hardware, especially if you have more than 5-10 users. It's certainly possible to install it on a server that's already being used for something else, it all depends on what the server is being used for, how many users you have, whether or not it's the only exchange server in your organization etc.

As an Exchange amin I would be very hesitant to run a production Exchange server on a server that already has a pretty heavy load. Exchange is fairly resource intensive and even in small organizations a dedicated Exchange box is usually preferable.

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)