Question

Exchange 2003 Log files not flushing

By bentgellerich ·
I just deployed Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 R2. I am using the latest version of Backup Exec and have installed the agent on the box. When I do a full backup of the exchange store, the Transaction logs are not flushed. The log files are just piling up. I have the latest updates installed for all software.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Success - no explanation

by bentgellerich In reply to Exchange 2003 Log files n ...

So last night I backed up all the partitions on the server including my System and Boot partition and logs flushed. Obviously I must have missed something the first time around but I can't back up everything every night.

Ahat are the criical Directories/items that need to be backed up for the logs to flush?

Collapse -

Check backup job configuration

by lmceachran In reply to Exchange 2003 Log files n ...

You'll need to verify a few things here. I'm assuming you have installed the appropriate agent and the like.

You'll need to check the configuration of the backup job, specifically under the Exchange heading. What is that set to?

If it's set to Differential, you won't be clearing your logs from the server any time soon. Also be aware that in the version of Backup Exec I'm using, a backup job that is set to differential will not clear the logs EVEN if you set the Exchange settings to do so.

Collapse -

Process logical volumes

by mikewheatie In reply to Check backup job configur ...

Check the Advanced Open File option of your job configuration settings. If Process Logical Volumes one at a time is selected, unselect and re-run the job. This should help.

Mike

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)