Networks

Our forums are currently in maintenance mode and the ability to post is disabled. We will be back up and running as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

Question

Exchange 2007 Edge Transport Server problems with DNS, DMZ and IP?

By bradob ·
Ok, so we deployed Exchange server 2007 with an Edge server. The Edge server has two network cards. 1 Card for the DMZ in the 10.10.10.x range and 1 in the internal 192.168.13.x. Problem is when it is up and running it works fine, for ~10-12 hours. After it stops receiving email but can still send. I think it has something to do with the server having two default gateways, one to DMZ 10.10.10.1 and the other to the internal gateway of 192.168.13.1. I read up on Harold's Blog (An Exchange Member) and he says that you can't have two gateways. http://blogs.technet.com/haroldwong/archive/2007/03/27/exchange-server-2007-series-part-12-of-24-questions-and-answers-log-02-28-07.aspx

I remove the 192.168.13.1 and receiving works but sending fails.

Questions are :

-What needs to be in the hosts file?
-What DNS servers should each NIC be using? Do the DMZ nic use outside DNS? or should it be using internal?
-Do I need to resubscribe the edge to the hub after I remove the Internal Gateway? and that would fix sending?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge