General discussion

Exchange server 2003

By addison99 ·
just setting up a Windows Small business server 2003 which incluses MS Exchange 2003, what I am haveing difficulty with is Exchange 2003.

I have attempted to configure exchange to collect the pop email from BTconnect.com but no at all sure I have even been looking the right place.

The company owns a domain name of xxxxx.co.uk now I believe that the domain name host can forward the email to my server which has a static IP.

How do I configure exchange for both the above.

ALSO

We have a 2nd domain bbbbb.co.uk can this be cinfigured on the same server this email only need to be send to 1 user.

I do hope you are able to assist as I am bashing me head again a wall trying to figure this out

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dmiddltn In reply to Exchange server 2003

For the POP mail accounts:
-Click Server Management
-Click Internet and E-mail
-Click Manage POP3 E-mail
-Click Open POP3 Connection manager
From here you enter the mail servers, and the usernames and passwords for the accounts, then link them to an internal mailbox on your exchange.

Your Domain:
1. Open port 25, 80, 443 on your router to goto your server (This will allow e-mail, and OWA access to your exchange server)
2. Contact whoever currently hosts your DNS for your domain (you had to set this when you purchased the domain). Tell them to change your MX record to your current static IP.
3. In order to configure Exchange...
-Click Server Manager
-Click Advanced Management
-Click Exchange (it'll have your domain in the name too)
-Click Recipients
-Click Recipient policy
-Click Default Policy
-Click E-mail
-Click New
-Click SMTP
-enter @whatever_your_domain_is.com

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)