Question

External Contacts in Small Business Server 2003

By rlegrand ·
What would be the best way to create a list of contacts in SBS 2003 W/Exchange 2003 so that internal users could email the group of people.

I.E. Sales Rep Group or folder with a list of external contacts inside that group or folder that could be used for emailing documets etc. to them.

Thanks
Robert

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

New Contacts

by Churdoo In reply to External Contacts in Smal ...

Create a contact for each of the list members, then create a Distribution Group to add all of your new contacts to the distro group.

I don't recall if the SBS Server Management wizard has this functionality, so you may have to go to ADUC.

If the list is large, then you can do an import, and if this is what you're looking for then post back and I'll dig up how I did it last time.

Collapse -

New Contacts

by rlegrand In reply to New Contacts

Sounds Good - can the contacts be placed inside a folder - to keep them seperate from regular users?

Collapse -

Address Lists

by Churdoo In reply to New Contacts

Well by default, they will show up in the Global Address List, so the answer to your question depends on how you have the users set up to view address lists.

You can dork with permissions and such so that these new contacts don't show up in the GAL, and/or you can create your own custom address lists in exchange. I myself wouldn't mess with the GAL but I would create custom address lists as applicable -- what you choose to do of course is completely up to you.

msexchange.org is a great resource for exchange-related material. Also, relative to your specific queries, see the following:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319213

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)