General discussion

gathering a hardware profile from allover the domain in windows 2003

By ashuar_jameel ·
hi all,
does any body know ho to gather a hardware profile from allover the domain in windows 2003 so that we can keep trac of hardware inventory.

I think it can be done through writing a script and making it to run as loooging script but i dont know how to write script for that ?
waiting for reply from u all
Thanks
Ashuar Jameel

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by jonno112 In reply to gathering a hardware prof ...

You need software for this something like solarwinds network manager www.solarwinds.net

I think using snmp and MIB you can monotor the systems on the domain. But iam sure you cannot do it with a script.

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to gathering a hardware prof ...

Microsoft SMS, GFI has some programs that will query hardware, but like the first answer, you'll need a 3rd party tool or if your a good programmer, make your own program.

Collapse -

by mlalich In reply to gathering a hardware prof ...

No built-in solution in Win2k3, but you can try Belarc's BelManage at http://www.belarc.com/belmanage.html. Below is direct from the site:

BelManage is the IT management system designed for the Internet Age. Belarc's IT Portal architecture allows users to simplify and automate the management of all of their desktops, servers and laptops throughout the world, using a single database and Intranet server. Reports include Security Audits, Software Licenses, W2000 and XP upgrades, Change History, Health Status, Trend Logs and more.

Hope it helps!

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)