General discussion

geforce256 locking up on new mobo

By mtndew ·
Just upgraded a P3/733 to a new mobo, ABIT BE62 v1.1 and flashed to the newest bios. Old mobo a Gigabyte had a sound card **** a cap and scorched a pci connector so the owner thought it could be a prob and wanted it replaced.
Problem is now, Windows will not boot completely after the proper drivers for that particular vid card is installed, and even on a fresh OS install. The vid is a ASUS V6600 Gefore 256 card. I tried a different geforce card a 3D Prophet and had the same prob......I am clueless

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

15 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dmiles In reply to geforce256 locking up on ...

Open the cmos panel and check to see if the on board graphics is enabled,this will cause the board to lock-up disable,with the new mob's,also check the board for jumpers that could be related to the graphics and disable this feature.hope this helps

Collapse -

by mtndew In reply to geforce256 locking up on ...

the ABIT BE62 does not have built in video.

Collapse -

by BV2 In reply to geforce256 locking up on ...

Okay - make sure that the BIOS is set to check AGP for primary video, diable VGA snoop, and enable AGP 4X if you can. I have ASUS V6800 Deluxe Geforce DDR and had similar problems before I did the above. Good luck!

Collapse -

yep, already checked those, all off. also just tried a Voodoo 5500 and am having the same problem.

Collapse -

by richard_barsby In reply to geforce256 locking up on ...

This won't help you but I have an ABIT KA7/100 with a creative 3D Blaster Geforce 2GTS and on 1st pwr up the mother brd sometimes does not see a graphics card and beeps this gives no picture at all on the monitor.

Best Regards

R.K.Barsby

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by dszsmith In reply to geforce256 locking up on ...

Did the video card work before you flashed the bios?

Collapse -

yes, it worked in t the gigabyte MB.

Collapse -

by OTL In reply to geforce256 locking up on ...

You may want to ensure there is nothing plugged into PCI slot 1 as this may be causing an IRQ conflict.

The AGP slot and PCI-1 share an IRQ
PCI-2 and PCI-5 share one IRQ
PCI-3 and the IDE controller share an IRQ
PCI-4 and the USB controllers share an IRQ

Also the check the dip switch settings, they could be conflicting with the soft menu settings.

Good Luck!

Collapse -

this is the only card in the machine. I thought that there could have been a conflict and removed everything but the vid card and did a fresh OS install, still the same prob I'm starting to think it is a problem with this mobo. I think I will trythe old gigabyte to see if that one will work.

Back to Desktop Forum
15 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next