General discussion

HELP NT, WIN2kserver n Win2003 server

By jonathan_salahid ·
Hi Im a newbie in techrepublic. I have a problem which I know guys this is a breeze for you. My problem is Im Running Multiple Flat Forms or shall I call Servers. I have 2 Window NT both acting as PDC with there own domains and 1 windows 2000 as a workgroup server or Stand Alone server and Up coming Windows 2003 server. I would like this to be in a single Domain Network.
Scenario:
Windows 2000 as a local users and win nt's has a serparate net users. NT's has trust relationship with each other.

Problem:
Is this possible without re-installing or upgrading my server's to join the mysterious Windows 2003 servers.. Please Give me Insights or suggestion on how can I do this stunts. Need a guidance from a guru of Windows.......

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to HELP NT, WIN2kserver n Wi ...

If you wnat one domain, then you should configure Active Direcotry and migrate the user accounts from the 2 NT domains into it.

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to HELP NT, WIN2kserver n Wi ...

humm, don't think you can have NT PDC BDCs in the same forest [single domain] with W2003 where the NT PDCs, BCS hold the schema master role and operational master role at the root of the domain tree. The Schema in W2003 is not compatible with NT which is why there isn't an upgrade path from NT to W2003 only a migration path where you use the ADMT v 2.0 to to migrate over everything to the W2003 DC.

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)