Question

How to change a terminal server from one with win2000 to win2003

By daphinas ·
I had a windows 2000 advanced server as a terminal server to run a financial application. However the hardware failed and I had to change to a new server this time with windows 2003 R2 server installed.

The TS licensing server remains the same and is a windows SBS2003 server while the TS license I managed to get is 2008 edition. This license is obviously backward compatible as at least 1 client was able to receive a license when I was still using the windows 2000 advanced server machine.
Trouble is that the licensed CALS seem to be stuck in the 2000 advanced server, and clients are now only getting issued with temporary CALS when connecting via this new terminal server. The license manager keeps listing the licenses as issued to the windows 2000advanced server, with 1 license registered as issued to a client.
Even more trouble is that we have had to migrate the said client and install a new machine as well, thereby loosing that license.
Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this mess sorted out? I have configured the new TS to pick up the license server manually through the registry and it is therefore connected/finds it, but the problem remains.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)