General discussion

How to set Canon ImageRunner600 IP addr?

By billmilosz ·
I've got a small LAN, we just bought a Canon ImageRunner 600, this is a big digital copier that can also be used as a printer. I've connected the 10-baseT cable and have link LEDs on the switch port where I've connected. I know how to config IP printer ports in Windows (my workstations are Win2000) but I can't see the printer on the LAN. Even though I have link light on the port, the display on the printer says "DHCP server unavailable" - this is baffling, DHCP works fine when I take the RJ45 cable out of the Canon IR600 and plug it into a notebook PC, the notebook PC gets DHCP just fine.

I think I could get somewhere with this if I could set the IP address on the Canon IR600, but the menu doesn't offer that. There must be a way to manually set the IP adress of this printer.

Does anyone know what hidden menu or other options to use to set a manual IP address for a Canon imageRunner 600?

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by 5jgibbs In reply to How to set Canon ImageRun ...

Set it up statically.... then put a reservation on the IP..

Collapse -

by billmilosz In reply to

DUH! I KNOW it's got to be set up with a static IP address; I am asking HOW to set a static IP address for the copier(printer) - none of the menus has ANY option to set an IP address or do ANYTHING with the LAN interface. All I can do is print out the LAN info - and it says "DHCP failed" showing N/A for IP ADDRESS, N/A for Gateway etc.

There MUST be a "secret" sequence of keystrokes you have to punch in to the copier's keypanel to get it into a network config mode.... Canon won't tell me (unless I pay $300 for a guy to come out and do it for me!!!) and I can't find it online.

Collapse -

by imacolatta In reply to How to set Canon ImageRun ...

allo allo,

so i'm having the same issue you posted regarding an imagerunner 600. how in GODS NAME do you setup the bloody IP address... Of course i'm trying to get an office live by Monday.. if you found the answer, please share =)

thanks in advance for any info!

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by billmilosz In reply to How to set Canon ImageRun ...

Weeks pass...

No one out there seems to know how this is done. If I learn the secret outside this forum, I will post the info here or post a link to the source.

April 15, no answeres yet.....

Collapse -

by imacolatta In reply to How to set Canon ImageRun ...

after exhaustively searching for this, finally found the info:

- Functions Menu: Reboot server
- On reboot it will ask if you want to enter setup - select Yes
- Set your IP from there.

you probably don't need it by now, but just in case =)

Collapse -

Yep, that did the trick. Good stuff! I saw the REBOOT SERVER option and tried that but then walked away from the thing as it rebooted, wasn't watching to see it offer the SETUP option on startup.

MANY THANKS

Collapse -

AHA! Sure that makes sense. I've seen the REBOOT SERVER option, which I did, but then I walked away from the thing after watching it reboot for about 15 seconds, never saw that option to enter the SETUP.

GREAT STUFF, MANY THANKS.....

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)