General discussion

HP/Compaq Proliant ML350 G4 Booting Issue

By Seoirse ·
Hi All,

I'm configuring SBS 2003 on the above server. Was working fine with two drives on ID 0 & 1. Mirrored the drives and it seemed to be working fine.

I added four more drives into the bays, and all are detected on boot up. I shut the server down last night. Went back to configure today and the system will not boot from the hard drives. I've booted from the 2003 CD and can see that the partitions are still intact.

Also, I need to configure the four last drives as part of a RIAD5 Array, but the backplane board seems to handle all the drives. There are 3 SCSI connections - 1 standard LVD3 connection to the motherboard and another two connections with a SCSI cable connected between the two. Dows anyone have an idea of how the SCSI (HP Smart 641)card should connect to the four other drives???

Thanks in advance...

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Windows SP1

by dave.peckett In reply to HP/Compaq Proliant ML350 ...

It could be a problem with the build.

We have had problems with the 2003 op sys and not booting with a mirror connected remove he mirror and the system boots. Install 2K3 SP1 and remirror/reboot to test, see how you get on.

Collapse -

Drive connection

by duca In reply to HP/Compaq Proliant ML350 ...

You should connect the Smart array controller 641 to a disk enclosure so all the drives are connected to that controller. Than you should make desirable RAID level in the Smart Start/ACU (Array Configuration Utility). Sure, in the RBSU (f9 when booting) you should define 641 as a boot controller.

P.S. 641 is RAID controller, not a SCSI card.

cheers,

D.

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)